Atkin & Associates, experienced injury attorneys Atkin & Associates, Utah injury attorneys
1111 East Brickyard Rd. Suite 206
Salt Lake City, Utah 84106
Call Us: (801) 521-2552
or Email an attorney anytime.
Atkin & Associates: Attorneys at Law
Workers' Compensation Social Security Disability Personal Injury and Product Liability Help for Utah's Injured Contact an attorney at Atkin & Associates Workers' Compensation
Online Help for Utah's Injured
Sign up Latest Topics

  Author   Comment  
Dawn Atkin

Avatar / Picture

Posts: 37
The injured worker must report to his employer that he had an injury within 180 days of the accident.  (There are some exceptions for longer reporting where the injured worker did not know his condition was caused by the accident.  This is usually due to a misdiagnosis by the doctor.)

To report an injury, the injured worker is required to tell his Supervisor, HR Department or Boss that he was injured.  It is not the injured workers responsibility to complete the paperwork for the insurance company or Labor Commission.  An oral report meets the reporting requirement.  However, if your employer is refusing to complete the paperwork, or is refusing to send you to a doctor, there is a problem.  Contact the Labor Commission (801) 530-6800 or contact us immediately.

K. Dawn Atkin
Attorney with Atkin & Associates
(801) 521-2552
Previous Topic | Next Topic

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

DISCLAIMER: Every case is different. Information on this website is intended as a general outline only and may not be appropriate for your case. Contact an attorney for a free consultation to get the best information for your particular situation.

copyright 2013
All Rights Reserved